UNWFP Recruitment for National Health Supply Chain Officer, P2.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Health Supply Chain Officer, P2
Requisition: # 88401
- After the global recognition that the Family Planning 2020 goals will not be achieved in time and that immature and weak health supply chains were a key constraint, the World Food Programme (WFP) and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) signed an agreement in September 2017 that seeks to accelerate on-the-shelf availability of health commodities through sustainable solutions across 17 countries over 3.5 years, under the SOLVE Initiative. SOLVE (Supply Optimization through Logistics Visibility and Evolution) is thus a new and innovative approach that aims at strengthening health supply chains, bridging WFP’s global supply chain know-how and global network with the BMGF’s expertise in health and private sector supply chains.
- WFP assumes the role of SOLVE In-Country Lead at global and country levels, facilitating and supporting the creation of efficient nationally-led health supply chains that engage all concerned actors. The mandate of WFP is to support the implementation of sustainable solutions to ensure health commodities are available at the point of need.
- The National SOLVE Supply Chain Officer will assist in liaising and linking SOLVE to public and private sector actors of supply chain in Nigeria and will report to the SOLVE Country Lead.
Role Description & Job Purpose
- The person will actively participate in national assessements on Health and Family Planning Supply Chains.
- The person will support the implementation of SOLVE interventions in country, ensuring its integrationg with National networks and regulations
- The person will act as a cross sector enabler including the health public sector, the private sector and the academia.
- WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
- The NSCH Officer will guide the team into the extended Health Public network (MoH at Federal, State and LGAs levels) and private sector.
- The person will direct and introduce the team to the correct people and/or units in these ministries, play a central role in creating a network in the Health /FP platform.
Key Accountabilities & General Scope Of Work (not all-inclusive)
- Assist the Nigeria SOLVE Team in acting as a convener to link the actors across different sectors working in public supply chain
- Assist the Nigeria SOLVE Team in acting as a point of contact for FMoH at federal, state and LGAs levels, Private Sector Partners, Academia, Implementing Partners and other Stakeholders
- Assist the Nigeria SOLVE Team in initiating a consistent framework for capacity development that ensures that best practice and ability is recognized and rewarded through linking various stakeholders with MoH
- Participate in the assessment process of Health Supplys Chains in country, including Retail assessment and Technical Markets assessments
- Provide strategic perspective to the Nigeria SOLVE Team to support government activities through bringing external perspective, knowledge and innovative approaches/solutions addressing supply chain challenges.
- Assist the Nigeria SOLVE Team in organizing the quarterly workshops that serve as a platform for MoH to foster knowledge exchange, best practices and strengthen coordination and performance management;
- Assist the Nigeria SOLVE Team in facilitating private sector engagements with states to promote knowledge and capability transfer and improve public health supply chain system.
- Assist the Nigeria SOLVE Team in identifing supply chain performance issues in MoH and enable implementation of potential solutions.
- Field visit / engaged at central and state level networking
4Ps Core Organisational Capabilities
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs.
- Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work.
- Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities.
- Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams’ priorities and preferred working styles.
- Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFP’s unique value as a partner.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Education: University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Pharmacy, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years (5 or more) of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience: At least 3 years postgraduation experience.
- Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Local Languages is a plus
- Market Analysis, Contracting and Operational Execution: Demonstrates ability to collect market information and process and analyse proposals in line with WFP standard rules and regulations in order to deliver efficiently.
- Warehouse and Inventory Management: Plans, coordinates and manages service providers and warehouse operations to promote safe, efficient, and sustainable operating procedures in the face of changing climates and conditions within region of expertise.
- Technical Assistance and Coordination: Actively establishes and maintains networks, leads coordination and the provision of technical assistance, while demonstrating the ability to represent WFP to a broad spectrum of key stakeholders (e.g. providing services, and working with NDMOs/NDMAs).
- Supply Chain Management and Optimization: Analyses context of country challenges in order to lead the design and management of supply chain network, to proactively mitigate and/or address dynamic supply chain challenges, to ensure operational optimization.
- Planning, Project & Resource Management: Collects and analyses relevant technical data from diverse sources to forecast operational needs under various scenarios and makes evidence-based proposals.
- Information Management & Reporting: Ability to proactively identify gaps in information and findings, analyse and evaluate information, develop statistics, and translate into information management products to facilitate decision making and demonstrate performance.
Desired Experiences For Entry Into The Role:
- Experience of health supply chain operations in Nigeria, including coordination and collaboration with Federal/State Ministries, Departments & Agencies (MDAs) and private sector partners of health supply chain.
- Experience working with Donors and Implementing Partners (UN Agencies, USAID, DFID,..)
- Experience in field operations and strong supervision, monitoring and evaluation of processes, procedures in supply chain operations with good ability to tease issues and risks as opportunities for program planning, performance management and improvements.
- Long standing experience in health supply chain projects in Nigeria in public, private and development environments.
- Previous exposure to Public and private health supply chain stakeholders including Public –Private partnerships to support a change initiative, at federal, state and LGAs levels.
- First hand operational knowledge of health supply chain in Nigeria; including challenges, issues and prospects.
- Experience of health commodity supply chain management systems in public and the private sector particularly Reproductive Health/Family Planning.
- Experience in health supply chain systems Assessments with strong analytic skills including Technical Market Assessments, Capacity Needs assessments, Retail Assessments and related Desk reviews and Stakeholder mapping.
Other Specific Job Requirements (Knowledge & Skills):
- Proven knowledge of the context and peculiarities of the Nigeria health supply chain management systems.
- Proven knowledge of typical Assessment tools (TMA/RA/ HSC Maturity Models)
- Proven ability to communicate, coordinate, understand and follow up on assigned tasks.
- Initiative and innovative capabilities.
- Good knowledge of project strategies, logical frameworks, result matrices and outcomes.
- Ability to adapt and multi- task on projects.
- Ability to actively participate in meetings with core skateholders, to express adequate opinions and advices.
- Strong reporting abilities, oral and written
Terms and Conditions
- Canvassing is strictly prohibited. Canvassing of any sort will lead to automatic disqualification of the concerned applicant.
- Selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term contract with a probationary period of one year. WFP offers an attractive compensation package. For more details please visit International Civil Service Commision website: http://icsc.un.org
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only Nigerian nationals are eligible to apply for this position
- Applications must be submitted online and in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline 5th October, 2018.
- WFP will apply a rigorous and transparent selection process including thorough assessment of technical skills to ensure the best candidates are selected for the job. Please ensure that your application contains accurate and complete information on academic qualifications, employment record and language skills. WFP will only consider academic credentials and degrees obtained from an accredited educational institution. Only successful candidates will be invited for an interview.
- WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
- WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
- Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
It’s always our excitement, hearing from our audience. If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below;
Hope this article was helpful? If yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform friends and relations from facebook, twitter, Whatsapp or Google +
Career Province Team.