University of Port Harcourt Recruitment for Bursar.
The University of Port Harcourt, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Non-Academic position below:
Job Title: Bursar
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer and Chief Financial Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration and control of the financial affairs of the University.
The candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- A University Degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University
- A Professional Accounting Qualification of ACA, ACCA, ACMA, ICAN, ANAN
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption / Exclusion Certificate
- At least 14 years post-qualification cognate experience, preferably in a University.
- The Conditions of Service are as applicable to the post of a Bursar of all Nigerian Federal Universities and as maybe approved from time to time by the University’s Governing Council.
- The appointment shall be for a tenure of five (5) years with effect from the date of appointment.
- However, Council may, upon satisfactory performance, extend the tenure of the Bursar for a further period of one (1) year only.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit ten (10) copies of their Application, Credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae, giving information on the following:
- Full Name
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-Mail Address and Phone Number(s)
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Institutions Attended( with dates).
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience: General and Specific (with dates)
- Present Employment. Status, Salary (Detailing Work Schedule)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees
- Any applicant with less than five (5) years from retirement will not be considered.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications via Courier in sealed envelope, marked “Post of Bursar” at the top left-hand corner of the envelope, addressed to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council,
First Floor, Senate Building,
University of Part Harcourt,
Application Deadline 29th October, 2018.
- Applicants are also advised to request their Referees to forward under confidential cover, their Reference Reports on the Candidates via Courier directly to the “Registrar and Secretary to Council”, through the above Address.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted for further interactions.
- Applicants who responded to the advertisement dated Thursday, 8th March, 2018 need not to re-apply.
It’s always our excitement, hearing from our audience. If you have any feedback, questions or concerns, please use the comment box below;
Hope this article was helpful? If yes, don’t hesitate using our share button below to inform friends and relations from facebook, twitter, Whatsapp or Google +
Career Province Team.